March
24th 2011
Thursday Round-up: What’s Cookin’? edition

Posted under: American history, Gender, GLBTQ, jobs, students, the body, unhappy endings, weirdness, women's history

Man food--again??

Howdy howdy howdy!  Thursday is my busy day, but here at the Historiann chuckwagon we’ve got a few things for you to chow down on:

Taking a peek inside, I read the introduction, barfed, made a few farting noises, and then knew ya’ll would want to see it:

“Men eat differently from women- they eat more, they eat constantly, and they eat passionately. They ransack a packed refrigerator and scrounge crumbs from an empty one. They eat standing in front of the fridge, and they eat with their fingers. They always make a mess and never notice.”

So, I do a lot of those things too as do, I suspect, many other women. Especially my lovely girlfriend, whose crumbs I am constantlywiping up. Because I’m the lady. But she cooks too. And we both like food. But we’re both women. Are men and boys are sneaking into our house, raiding our fridge, and leaving crumby messes on our countertops? SO confusing. (OMG, marketing opp. I can see it already: The Hunger: Satiating the Lesbian in Your Life).

Heh.  Well, that’s all folks.  Hope that doesn’t leave you too hungry, or onery.  Happy trails!

7 Responses to “Thursday Round-up: What’s Cookin’? edition”

1. Comrade PhysioProf on 24 Mar 2011 at 4:34 am #

That women-laughing-alone-with-salad stock photo essay seriously freaked me out.

2. Historiann on 24 Mar 2011 at 5:12 am #

It’s purty funny, ain’t it? Funny how women are supposed to be so entertained by chopped veggies or fruit, that is. But compared to all of those advertising images of women having orgasms while cleaning the toilet or vacuuming, it’s difficult to believe that anything could be more fun or exciting.

3. scatx on 24 Mar 2011 at 7:16 am #

Thanks for the link love, Ann!

4. Janice on 24 Mar 2011 at 7:41 am #

Watching a man do the cleaning? After all, isn’t that what pr0n for women is supposed to be? *facepalm*

5. shaz on 24 Mar 2011 at 8:22 am #

Wow, next time I’m overstressed with work, life, etc., I’m just going to head to the salad bar. All those women are just so damned happy about their lettuce.

6. cgeye on 24 Mar 2011 at 10:35 am #

The Hunger: Satiating the Lesbian in Your Life

Dammit, why *isn’t* Cleis Press publishing this yet? Why the damn hell not? Think of the potluck and chocolate recipes alone….

7. fannie on 24 Mar 2011 at 11:29 am #

Thanks for the link :-D

cgeye- LOL. Totally. And also vegetarian recipes.