March
8th 2012
Let’s Go Fly a Kite

Posted under: childhood, fluff

Is it Spring Break yet?

Up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear. Oh let’s go fly a kite!

12 Responses to “Let’s Go Fly a Kite”

1. Susan on 09 Mar 2012 at 12:03 am #

Two more weeks, and counting….

2. Historiann on 09 Mar 2012 at 11:38 am #

That seems like a long time to wait, Susan.

My break starts this afternoon right after I clean up some administrivia. Yay!

3. truffula on 09 Mar 2012 at 11:58 am #

Votes for women!

4. Janice on 09 Mar 2012 at 11:58 am #

We had our break in February. The kids have their break starting today. This the definition of hell.

5. Historiann on 09 Mar 2012 at 12:37 pm #

Well done, sister suffragettes!

HAhahahahaha, Janice! I hear you on the non-coordinated breaks, though. That’s a pain in the behind.

Maybe Mary Poppins will fly down to your place Janice, and get all of your household sorted out nicely.

6. GayProf on 09 Mar 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Our “Spring” break has already come and gone. Such is what happens when the semester starts January 4 (!).

7. Janice on 09 Mar 2012 at 6:23 pm #

Instead of Mary Poppins, we’d likely end up with Sherry Bobbins from The Simpsons.

8. Indyanna on 09 Mar 2012 at 8:55 pm #

I stole Spring Break and drove it 288 miles east today into an undisclosed location. I’m keeping it, too, for the next ten days or so.

Our administrivia would have to be scrubbed for days with titanium-wool to have any hope of getting the tarnish off, so I just left it soaking in a creek bed!

9. Susan on 10 Mar 2012 at 8:04 am #

Historiann, it is a long time. It’s scheduled so that we don’t get an “extra” day off for a state holiday. The result is we have 10 weeks, break, then 5 weeks.

10. Susan on 10 Mar 2012 at 8:05 am #

Oh, and I got called for Jury duty during spring break. So I have no excuse for postponing, and I lose my break. Grrr.

11. Tenured Radical on 10 Mar 2012 at 8:28 am #

Hola from the Florida Keys, H’ann! We opened our umbrellas, packed a carpetbag and landed in a second floor room overlooking the blue Gulf.

12. Historiann on 10 Mar 2012 at 9:20 am #

Jealous, TR, VERY jealous.

But, it’s going to be in the 60s and 70s this week for my Spring Break Staycation, so I won’t complain too loudly. (Just no ocean or gulf here is all.)

Indyanna, your soak-in-the-creekbed reminds me of The Boxcar Children. They shined up rusty forks and spoons they found at the dump with sand from their washing-up pool. You might try that after the soak has done all it can for you!