June
9th 2011
Off to the Berks!

Posted under: Berkshire Conference, conferences, happy endings, women's history

And don’t expect me to liveblog it–I’ve got too much to do meeting up with old friends and making new ones in the meat world this weekend.  It looks like central Massachusetts is going to be a stinkbox today–with drier and cooler weather on the way for the weekend.  Yay!  Tenured Radical has a nice preview of what’s going on, and I’m sure she’ll have lots to report about the weekend after it’s (mostly) all said and done.

For those of you who will be joining us at the Berks:  watch for the cowgirl boots, and say “hi” if you feel like it!  (If I’ve pi$$ed you off, you can just ignore me.)  Don’t forget about our meetup tomorrow afternoon after the last sessions ends, 5:30-6:30 at the Grad Lounge of the Lincoln Campus Center.  Apparently, TR will also be kicking it in cowgirl boots, but hers are a more city-appropriate black.  She went to grad school and lived in NYC for a spell.  My boots are the color of the high plains dust I rode in with.

11 Responses to “Off to the Berks!”

1. Susan on 09 Jun 2011 at 6:34 am #

Have fun! Sorry to miss everyone!

2. tanya on 09 Jun 2011 at 7:58 am #

Although my blog’s been a bit silent recently, I’m excited to come to the meet up! And this is my first Berks, so I’m excited. It’ll be great, if I ever get out of Chicago Midway Airport!

3. Rachel on 09 Jun 2011 at 8:24 am #

Have a wonderful time! I love New England summers and wish I could make it.

4. Jessica L on 09 Jun 2011 at 2:35 pm #

I’ll be there! Maybe we will run into each other. I won’t get there until Saturday morning so will miss the meet up.

5. Bridgett on 09 Jun 2011 at 7:22 pm #

While my field is neither history nor women’s studies, I really want to
    attend this conference someday!! It just sounds like such a rich and amazing experience! Enjoy!

6. Indyanna on 09 Jun 2011 at 10:02 pm #

After a good half-week in the archives, including what might be a major strike, I decided today that o.k., I would come to the conference and meetup after all. But I’m still too fried to drive that far, and the train is literally sold out, so bummer. But have a good one everybody. It looks like the heat wave may have broken, to the south of you all anyway.

7. Historiann on 10 Jun 2011 at 4:54 am #

Friends, I didn’t make it to Amherst–a family emergency has detained me. So sorry to miss the conf. And the meetup especially! Will post an explanation when I can but I can say that all is well now but I am needed up here for now.

8. Nicoleandmaggie on 10 Jun 2011 at 6:55 am #

Oh no! I hope everything turns out ok. :(

9. Historiann on 10 Jun 2011 at 9:33 am #

Well, we’re all headed for an unhappy ending at sometime or other, but there won’t be one for Famille Historiann this week. Not yet!

10. Tanya on 10 Jun 2011 at 10:59 am #

I’m at your session now, and was sad to hear of your absence, but hoping things rare better by now. Hoping for a good weekend for you!

11. Comrade PhysioProf on 10 Jun 2011 at 7:41 pm #

Crappe. I hope everything’s ok!