February
16th 2011
Identity Theft: I iz a fictim!

Posted under: American history, art, bad language, Gender, wankers, weirdness, women's history

Sausage party!

Check out The Pseudonym Exchange, a new blog inspired by Roxie’s wish to channel Dr. Crazy’s identity.  And now she can–except that the first post is by “Historiann” on something some old tool said to Professor Catharine R. Stimpson.  Over e-mail!  I really couldn’t have said it better “myself!”)

I am officially the fictim of identity theft.  But if you click over there, you’ll see that I’ve claimed another fictim for myself!

10 Responses to “Identity Theft: I iz a fictim!”

1. Janice on 16 Feb 2011 at 10:43 am #

Awesome posts in both parts. I can’t wait to see you fictimized again and hope you continue to fictimize others!

2. Indyanna on 16 Feb 2011 at 10:54 am #

That’s a truly *stupendous* take on Historiann’s actual voice over there, and a not half bad one on Comrade P-P’s either. This is about the only funny thing to come out of that sad spectacle. Sad, to me, because I can remember like it was yesterday when Safer was distinctly and by a long shot the angry young turke at the network. At the end of the asteroid-shattering year of 1968, the CBS news staff gathered to do a “roundup” show on the year’s amazing events. Safer was the one who took the side of the longhairs, the Yippies, the Grant Park protesters, and the like, and he got royally pounded, and alternately, condescended to on air, by his senior colleagues. But, as we’ve all seen by now, the radicalism of the late 1960s fell well short of half a loaf on issues of gender and women’s rights. Still, it made me wince to hear that voice of cranky anger, partly, perhaps, because we all may look over our shoulders now and again for the appearance of the dreaded inner goat, coot, or whatever suggesting that the sap has dried into amber. Maybe Andy Rooney will come on in a minute and make it all better? Doubtful.

3. Notorious Ph.D. on 16 Feb 2011 at 11:10 am #

What a fan-fucking-tastic idea! Both posts so far are spot-on, as far as I’m concerned.

4. koshem bos on 16 Feb 2011 at 11:28 am #

God, as we said where I grow up at: the sea is on fire and the fish climbed the trees.

5. Historiann on 16 Feb 2011 at 11:54 am #

Hee! Glad you like it all. (Notorious, you should join! I’ve got great ideas for your pseudonym. . . )

6. Dr. Crazy on 16 Feb 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Yay that others have gotten on board with the Pseudonym Exchange! (I’m feeling a bit stupid that I haven’t done a post over there yet, but I’m so swamped in my own stupid real life right now that I can’t handle anyone’s pseudonym but my own. Sigh.)

7. Roxie on 16 Feb 2011 at 12:50 pm #

Thanks for the shout-out, cowgirl, and, of course, for the spot-on channeling of PhysioProffe. Seriously, though, girlfriend, some of us are here to tell you that WordPress suckes some pretty serious asse, too. I’m using it for my course blog this semester. So far, underwhelmed, but you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks. It’s even harder for DEAD dogs.

8. Susan on 16 Feb 2011 at 11:03 pm #

It’s good to have fun with voices…. a little laughter is always helpful.

9. Historiann on 17 Feb 2011 at 9:05 am #

Thanks! You should sign up to impersonate someone, Susan, since you’re an avid reader of most of the participating blogs. You could probably do better than us at imitating each other!

10. Susan on 17 Feb 2011 at 7:22 pm #

I’m a terrible mimic. I hear it in my head, but coming out with it? Not so much…