Posted under: Uncategorized
Courtesy of James at Patriots & Peoples, I’ve been tagged with a getting-to-know-you meme. It’s nearly summer break for those of us still working according to the agricultural calendar, and there’s water running in the No. 3 ditch so I’ve got to get my sugar beets and onions in the ground soon here in Potterville. But, I can take a few minutes to answer the quiz. Think of it as a fun divertissement until the polls close tonight and the screams for Hillary to “take her boobs and go home” are renewed again with manly vigor:
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Same thing, different univeristy, and different book.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Drink coffee
- Read the Denver Post
- Tidy Up
- Answer e-mail
- (I’m doin’ it now.)
3) Snacks I enjoy:
What is this, preschool? (Sorry, James–that’s just silly.)
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Drink coffee someone else makes for me.
- Read the Denver Post someone else brings to me.
- Tell someone else to tidy up.
- Answer e-mail using only LOLCat-speak, just to annoy people, and just because I could (U no U wud ansr me if I hd $1B!)
- Hire someone else to mow my damn grass.
5) Three of my bad habits:
- My triathlalon times are so incredible they’re intimidating my workout buddies.
- I haven’t had time to bake homemade bread to give to the Food Bank since I’ve been volunteering so many hours with Save the Children.
- The terrible mess on my desk has cost me numberless offers of endowed chairs at prestigious universities because I keep losing the contracts.
6) 5 places I have lived:
- Washington, D.C.
- Somerville/Cambridge, Mass.
- Oxford, Ohio
7) 5 jobs I have had:
- Produce department clerk in a supermarket
- Evening/weekend receptionist at an inn on a college campus
- “Fly Girl” dancer on the TV show In Living Color (1989-1991)
- Dry mount press operator at a frame shop
But, instead of passing this along to other bloggers, I’d like to invite my commenters to answer one or more of the questions above, either on their own blogs or in the comments. Have at it, friends!
12 Responses to “Everyone jump on the meme chain”